Tuesday, August 3, 2010

So a blog

I am the least likely person I know to pursue a technological way of communicating thoughts, ideas and passions, as I am the girl who prefers to sit across the table with a muffin to swap ideas and would rather use a pen and paper to correspond. On the other hand, I am always trying some yummy dish that I want to share with others or finding a flea market treasure that I want to pass along. So with my wonderful husband’s technical skills and encouragement, I felt the courage to give it a try!

Then a name! I love names and they hold much value to me. Naming my children was an arduous process because 1. I love names so much 2. They set the tone for who they are known to be 3. They are forever. Cup-a Cup-a came to me as I was pondering my intention of swapping ideas, recipes and finds with friends. I was inspired by the recipe sharing that was done in the film Steel Magnolias of the cake recipe. Clairee, my favorite, asks Truvy for the recipe for her Cup-a Cup-a Cup-a. She told her she didn’t need a recipe it was just “a cup of flour, a cup of sugar and a cup of fruit cocktail with the syrup, stir and bake in a hot oven ‘til golden brown and bubbly. I serve it with ice cream to cut the sweetness.” Now I’m not a big fan of canned fruit cocktail but I am a fan of southern women and sharing what you know.

So here I am. Terrified and elated, brain busting with all of the “posts” that are backlogged in my mind from the past decade. What have I got to lose? It might even be fun!

10 comments:

  1. Yea!!! I'm so proud of you for doing it. I can't wait to read all that you have to share

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness. i love this. you are a wonderful writer -- this is going to be great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The foodnetwork needs you to write for them. I feel like I have been to your house and shared great time in your kitchen. Looking toward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited!!!! This just makes sense. Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to reading your blog Julie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie! You have a blog! I am so excited!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post makes me think back to when we talked about all the kid names we both like. I'm looking forward to some recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forget Facebook and Twitter--this is the life for you! Keep it coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie! I just stumbled upon your blog and totally got the Steel Magnolia's reference from the beginning! :) My family LOVES that movie and has over quoted it my entire life. :) We actually tried to make the cup-a flour, cup-a sugar, cup-a fruit cocktail "with the juice" once when I was in high school - not a gourmet dessert for sure. Haha. Glad to see you're blogging! Your pictures are beautiful and your words inspiring. :) Miss seeing y'all around. Praying for Trinity and hope y'all are doing well!

    ReplyDelete